What to Sell on Facebook Marketplace: A Beginner’s Guide. Selling on the Facebook Marketplace is a quick and easy way to get cash for your unwanted items. With over 800 million monthly users, the marketplace is a great platform to sell anything from children’s clothes to handmade furniture. If you’re thinking about selling on Facebook Marketplace but don’t know where to start, here’s a beginner’s guide to get you going.
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
To sell on Facebook Marketplace, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your News Feed and click on Marketplace.
- Select “Create New Listing” and choose the item you want to sell from your device’s gallery.
- Enter the item’s details, photos, and price.
- Click publish.
That’s it! Your item will appear in the marketplace, and potential buyers will be able to message you if they’re interested. Make sure to reply quickly to potential buyers to increase your chances of making a sale.
What to Offer on Facebook Marketplace
Here are the top five items that sell best on Facebook Marketplace:
1. Children’s items
Anything from infant’s clothes to toys and furniture for kids sells well on the platform. If you have unused or little-used goods in great shape, they can probably easily find a new home on Facebook Marketplace.
Gently used electronics, from phones to gaming consoles, are popular items on the marketplace. Instead of simply shipping out your old electronic devices for recycling, try selling them on Facebook Marketplace.
Old furniture pieces you no longer need can be reused and sold on Facebook Marketplace. You can even upcycle them into a new piece and sell it for a greater value. Alternatively, If you’re a small business owner, you can offer your handcrafted furniture on Facebook Marketplace.
4. Handmade Items
Facebook Marketplace users love supporting handmade companies. Jewelry, handcrafted fragrances, knit and crochet accessories, and other handcrafted goods do well.
5. Local Sales
If you have a good local network, then sales, where you don’t want to pay for a delivery, are a great choice. Two major examples are bulky items and low-value items. So, if you have a couch or a bunch of DVDs for sale, better sell them on Facebook Marketplace to access a local sale without shipping.
Other items that sell well on Facebook Marketplace include clothing, craft items, cars, collectibles, home goods, dog supplies, and niche items such as remote controllers, pencils, legos, golf balls, and more.
What you Can’t Sell on Facebook Marketplace
Before you sell anything on Facebook Marketplace, familiarize yourself with their guidelines. Here are some items that are not allowed on the marketplace:
- Guns, narcotics or currency
- Digital-only products
- Adult material
- Recalled items
- “Misleading, deceptive, or offensive items”
However, you can sell event tickets and gift cards as long as you follow strict guidelines.
Additional Strong Sales Tips
Here are some other tips that can help you sell on Facebook Marketplace:
- Check out Facebook’s sales guide, which provides tips for regular and small business sellers.
- Take your own high-quality images in good lighting that display the item for sale’s true details.
- Answer inquiries quickly and accurately to win more customers.
In conclusion, Facebook Marketplace offers a convenient and fast way to sell your items online. By following the simple steps and tips mentioned in this article, you’ll be on your way to making sales in no time.
Q: How can I get the best deals and fastest sales on Facebook Marketplace? A: Make szure to read a little more detail about how to sell on Facebook Marketplace, and offer items that are in demand.
Q: Can I sell event tickets on Facebook Marketplace? A: Yes, but you must follow strict guidelines.
Q: What items are not allowed to be sold on Facebook Marketplace? A: Guns, narcotics or currency, digital-only products, adult material, animals, tobacco, recalled items, and “misleading, deceptive, or offensive items”.
- Discover Facebook Marketplace Missing Icon On Desktop & PC
- Enlisting New Items For Sale on Facebook Marketplace
- Ways to Improve Your Facebook Marketplace Reputation and Boost Sales
- Facebook Marketplace for Online Buy and Sell
- Best Performing Categories On Facebook Marketplace
- Rev Up Your Car Buying and Selling Experience with Facebook Marketplace Cars
- Facebook Cars for Sale by Owner Near Me – Find Your Dream Car on Marketplace
- How to Find and Delete All Saved Items on Facebook Marketplace
- Is Your Facebook Marketplace Missing? [Fixed]
- How to Get Unblocked from Marketplace on Facebook
- Facebook Marketplace Cars for Sale: Used Trucks and Cars for Sale Under $1000
- The Ultimate Guide to Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- How to List Items for Sale on Local Facebook Marketplace
- How To Get Facebook Marketplace If Not Available!