Facebook Marketplace on Desktop: A Convenient Way to Buy and Sell with FB Marketplace on Your PC – Facebook Free Marketplace is a service provided by Facebook to facilitate buying and selling of items. It is a valuable tool for businesses that focus on merchandising. As you browse through the platform, you’ll find various categories of items available for sale. However, not all types of items are allowed on the Facebook Marketplace, as they may violate Facebook’s policies.
Some Facebook users might not be aware that the FB Marketplace is not a separate app from the Facebook website or mobile app. It is instead an eCommerce platform that many Facebook users encounter every day. In today’s world, eCommerce has taken over, and platforms that allow users to sell and buy items have become ubiquitous. Luckily, Facebook Free Marketplace is free for sellers, and they don’t need to make any payments to access the platform.
How to Find the Facebook Marketplace on Your Facebook Platform
Locating the Facebook Free Marketplace is effortless. As long as you have a Facebook account, you can access the service with just a few clicks. Here’s how to get to the FB Marketplace:
- Log in to your Facebook account using either the mobile app or web browser on your device.
- Look out for a shop front icon (the location of this icon depends on the device you’re using).
- For desktop users, you’ll find it on the left menu of your homepage.
- For Android users, it’s at the top of your homepage.
- For iOS users, it’s located at the bottom of your homepage.
Clicking on the shop front icon will bring you to the Facebook Marketplace.
How to Sell on Facebook Free Marketplace on Your Desktop
Selling on the FB Marketplace is straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Locate the FB Marketplace on your device.
- Click the Sell icon.
- Carefully input the required details of the item you wish to sell (category, price, location).
- Add clear and detailed photos of the item (ensure you take more than one photo that displays all parts of the item).
- Click “Post.”
How to Buy on Facebook Free Marketplace on Your Desktop
If you want to buy something on the FB Marketplace, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Facebook Marketplace on your device.
- Use the search bar to look for the item you want to buy (you can also find it via the categories).
- Click on the message icon to send a message to the seller stating your interest.
- Discuss the item with the seller and let them know how you want to receive it.
Is Facebook Marketplace free for sellers?
Yes, Facebook Marketplace is free for sellers to use.
What type of items are not allowed on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace does not allow the sales of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, animals, and firearms, among other prohibited items.
Can I access Facebook Marketplace on my desktop?
Yes, you can access Facebook Marketplace using your desktop, mobile app, or web browser.