A Comprehensive Guide to Facebook Marketplace for Marketers – If you are looking for alternatives to traditional e-commerce websites, Facebook Marketplace is an excellent option. It is a free, organic distribution channel for companies to list and sell their products. In this comprehensive guide, we will explain how to list your products and become a Facebook Marketplace deals partner.
How to Access Facebook Marketplace
To access Facebook Marketplace on your mobile device, click on the white storefront icon. On desktop, click on the red and white storefront symbol in the left margin.
Categories and Filters
Facebook Marketplace listings are divided into categories such as Entertainment, Vehicles, Housing, and Hobbies. Listings can be filtered by price and area, and you can save listings for future reference.
Ads on Facebook Marketplace
Ads appear in users’ news feeds while they explore Facebook Marketplace. Advertisers have seen higher conversion rates with these ads than with News Feed ads.
Facebook Marketplace Shop Listings
At present, only companies based in the United States can list and sell products on Facebook Marketplace. In some areas, auto dealerships may also list vehicles through inventory partners. Brand listings are currently available in two locations: the Shop category and the Daily Deals category. The Daily Deals program is only available to selected businesses that offer brand-name products at discounted prices.
Facebook does not charge listing fees or take a commission cut, so it is a free distribution channel for businesses. However, a Facebook Checkout interface is needed for Marketplace listings, which adds a 2.9% and $.30 cost to each transaction.
Applying to list on Facebook Marketplace Shop
Retailers must fill out the Marketplace eCommerce Retailer Interest Form to apply to sell on Facebook Marketplace. You will have a distinct advantage if you work with one of Facebook’s listed partners, such as BigCommerce, Shopify, or Zentail.
To apply for a Facebook Marketplace listing, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Consumers must buy new products.
- The company must be based in the United States.
- Orders must be filled within three days and received within seven days.
- Accept returns for up to 30 days.
A name, product description, more product photos, and a thumbnail image on a solid backdrop are required for each listing. Photos should not have visual overlays, text, icons, or badges.
Companies from the following industries have been given priority to sell on Marketplace: beauty, apparel, and accessories, bags and luggage, baby and kids, home décor.
Applying to Become a Facebook Marketplace Deals Partner
Businesses that meet Facebook’s listing criteria may be eligible for the Daily Deals program. Prices must be at least 15% less than the manufacturer’s suggested list price (MSRP).
Daily Deals categories include consumer electronics, home, gift cards, gaming, toys and games, intimates and hosiery, sports and outdoors, beauty, jewelry and watches, and clothing and accessories.
Preparing Your Business Page for Facebook Marketplace
Open a Facebook Page Shop to include in every Facebook Marketplace listing. As Marketplace deployment progresses, companies with shops may have their items listed for a brief period of time.
Facebook Shops act as a marketplace. Businesses may add a shop to any business page, though functionality may vary by location. Payments on the Facebook Shop may be set up to be processed through your website or directly on Facebook with Facebook Checkout integration.
You may create collections specifically for Facebook or replicate collections from your website’s organization system. Collections make it easier for customers to find and purchase items. Up to 50 different collections may be created and products may be added and removed at any time.
Integrate with Facebook Checkout to provide an easy checkout process for your customers. Facebook’s payment feature allows people to make purchases without leaving the app or website.
1. Can companies outside of the United States sell on Facebook Marketplace?
At present, only companies based in the United States can list and sell products on Facebook Marketplace.
2. What are some of the most popular categories on Facebook Marketplace?
Some of the most popular categories on Facebook Marketplace include consumer electronics, home, gift cards, gaming, toys and games, intimates and hosiery, sports and outdoors, beauty, jewelry and watches, and clothing and accessories.
3. Is there a cost for businesses to list their products on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook does not charge listing fees or take a commission cut for businesses who list their products on Facebook Marketplace. However, a Facebook Checkout interface requires a 2.9% and $.30 cost per transaction.
- Facebook Marketplace: Best Performing Categories On Facebook Marketplace
- The Ultimate Guide to Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- How to List Items for Sale on Local Facebook Marketplace
- How To Get Facebook Marketplace If Not Available!
- Enlisting New Items For Sale on Facebook Marketplace
- Ways to Improve Your Facebook Marketplace Reputation and Boost Sales
- Facebook Marketplace for Online Buy and Sell
- Rev Up Your Car Buying and Selling Experience with Facebook Marketplace Cars
- Facebook Cars for Sale by Owner Near Me – Find Your Dream Car on Facebook Marketplace
- How to Find and Delete All Saved Items on Facebook Marketplace
- Is Your Facebook Marketplace Missing? [Fixed]
- How to Get Unblocked from Marketplace on Facebook
- Facebook Marketplace Cars for Sale: Used Trucks and Cars for Sale Under $1000
- Discover Facebook Marketplace Missing Icon On Desktop & PC